Sunday, July 8, 2007

Dont care

Dont care, its just combination of two words, but believe me, the combination may deliver a fatal blow or unexpected impact. Depending on the situation you say this word, you can liven someone's heart up or even break it apart. By the way, this posting will only tell about what I heard, felt about the words "dont care".

If your friend came and told him his story (his story ya...not history. It would be boring...) and then you told him/her "dont care", the result would be depended on how you said those words. If you said it emphatically, then he/she might relieve a lil bit. But if you utter those words without your concern, moreover without even a feeling of care, then you'd likely gonna lose your friend ^^.

I have a friend who experienced something like that. One day he, call him Ajong, went home and talked to his friend (actually his friend is also my friend ^^), call him Bagong. Ajong only wanted to inform about something, and not to tell any sad, love or thrilling story. But Bagong, not only unattentively heard to Ajong, he even did not bugde from his chair and did not even look at the eyes of Ajong. Then when Bagong was asked, he only said "like I care". Yup, and the rest you might know. Out of rage and disapponintment, Ajong said "Gong, you're gonna regret this sometime" and then walked away. I heard this story directly from Ajong and since I knew almost all about Bagong's behaviour, I could assure my self that Ajong was telling the truth.

On some other time, Bagong chated (past from of doing chatting ^^) with my other friend, Najong (hehehe...nice rhyme huh^^). Often, when Najong said something to Bagong, Bagong replied with "dont care". Actually, it really hurted Najong's pride but he let it slide. Then again, when Bagong said something to Najong and Najong did not even reply (of course, since he was a lil bit mad), Bagong wanted Najong to reply. Wew..Actually I was a lil bit confused when I heard this story. I dont know whether Najong said something unimportant (so he was replied "dont care") or perhaps Bagong said something really important and he wanted Najong to reply?

This accident (not...it is a situation) assures me that your tongue is your tiger (lidahmu harimaumu). In a good story of Luqmanul Hakim, he explained that the 2 best part and also worst part of a man are the tongue and liver. A man/woman can be marked as a best human if his/her tongue and liver are used in the right way. So, anyway, I still dont like the use of "dont care" when I talk with someone. I think its rude and show disrespect. How about you? Nah, I dont care....


Aachen, 8 Juli 2007

4 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

Ajong... seems familiar to me :)

Unknown said...

Hahahaa...but it's not the ajong you know ^^. It's only alias name ^^

Anonymous said...

>> he explained that the 2 best part and also worst part of a man are the tongue and liver.

liver? What does it mean? enlight me please :D

Anonymous said...

i think what he means is 'heart'
(indonesian : hati, often misinterpreted as liver, but it is actually heart)