Thursday, July 19, 2007

Last exams after two years

Yatta!!!! At last I have finished all my exams in my M.Sc. program here. Wuih..it's so tiring and heart-pounding. Because in the last exam I took (EDB = Einfuehrung von Datenbanken) just before the exam stated, I realized that I had a lil bit of headache, my body felt weak and I had problem to concentrate. So, it was really heart-pounding situation. Just before the exam started, the supervisor told us (exam-takers) that if we felt sick, we could cancel to take the exam but need to submit the statement from doctor afterwards. After hearing that, I became nervous. In one side, I wanted to take a leave from exam hall due to my condition. However, I realized that if I could overcome the situation and pass through the exam, EDB would be my last exam and I could concentrate more on my thesis. There's no guarantee that my professor or supervisors would allow me to take second exam in this semester. So, I just clenched my teeth and said "I can do it".

Well the exam was not as easy as I thought it would be. When I read the questions, I realized that I was still confused on how to decide a solution within 30 minutes. Yaaa, it is sometimes impossible, but I think this is how to do exams in my M.Sc. programme. I need to come up with an idea after I read the questions. But hey, even though I faced that problem, I can finish my EDB exam before the allocated time expired. I finished my solution in 105 minutes from allocated 120 minutes. But I was not the fastest one. The fastest one was a diploma student (german, I suppose) who finished the solution in 1 hour. When he stood up and left the exam hall, I thought two possibility. The first is he finished fast because he's understood the questions and written the solution fast. It was possible since I almost do the same if I did not rethought my solutions and rechecked my writings. The second possibility is he finished fast because he was hopeless and could not think of any other idea or solutions, so just left the hall rather than sitting there doing nothing ^^.


Now I can concentrate more on my thesis. FIGHT!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Ismail Habib said...

Rekorku:

Keluar ujian 30 menit dari waktu 2 jam yang disediakan...

Yea... karena hopeless :D

Unknown said...

Hueheheheh...

I know what you felt^^. Gw juga ada ujian yang gitu. CSCW. Ujian hapalan. Akhirnya gw lulus dengan nilai pas. syarat lulus tuh 50, gw dapat 51. Huheehehehehhehe. 4.0 deh ^^

Ismail Habib said...

Yang serunya:

Orang Belanda, berambut punk, pake anting di hidung, temen sekelas di berbagai kuliah :P minum bir sebelum ujian kriptografi (in fact tasnya penuh dengan botol bir). Setelah setengah jam dia dan aku sama-sama udah selesai. Gampang ditebak, waktu re-exam aku ketemu dia lagi hahaha...

Unknown said...

Hahaha ketemu di re-exam. Semoga saat di re-exam kalian sama2 lulus. huehuehue

Anonymous said...

No.. no.. no.... he went out fast because his grandma was waiting outside, dude :p hohohoho.... they need to do shopping, perhaps.... :D